The Toronto Japanese Film festival is pleased announce the creation of its GRAND JURY PRIZE. The Prize is awarded to the feature selected as the best film among this year’s festival offerings. Films are reviewed by an Official Jury made up of film makers, film professionals, writers and educators. The winning film-maker is awarded with a certificate and a cash prize of 100,000 Japanese yen.
This year’s jury is comprised of:
- Mark Schilling, Japanese film critic for The Japan Times, Japan correspondent for Variety
- Daihachi Yoshida, Japan Academy Prize-winning director, The Kirishima Thing, Permanent Nobara, Funuke – Show Some Love You Losers
- Sonia Sakamoto-Jog, Executive Director, Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
- Joanna Miles, Vice President Marketing, Entertainment One Films
- Kate Scullin, Film Program Officer, The Japan Foundation, Toronto
The winning film will be announced at the closing night reception in June 27, 2014.