The Sedai Project is committed to collecting, documenting, preserving and sharing the history of the Japanese Canadians. The Sedai Committee collects and preserves Japanese Canadian history through audio and video recordings, and they continue to search for all Japanese Canadians who were born in the pre-war and war years to come and share their stories with them. Recorded interviews can be viewed on Sedai’s Vimeo Account. For more information, please send enquiry to email@example.com.
Feature of the Month:
Joe Ohori worked for the Canadian Pacific Airlines in the 1960 and was part of a team that was instrumental in cultivating Canada as the destination for skiing especially for Japanese travellers. Listen to Joe as he recalls how his team worked tirelessly to bring Yūichirō Miura, one of Japan's finest skier who took on Mount Everest, when everybody scoffed at their small budget.
- Research Guide
- Descendants of Densuke Uyede – Detailed genealogy tracing back six generations, provided in English.
- Descendants of Kannhichi Hirowatari – Detailed genealogy tracing back seven generations, provided in English and Japanese.
- 2010-004 Fred Sasaki Transcript Part 1
- 2010-022 Raymond Moriyama Transcript
- 2010-024 Fred Sunahara Transcript
- 2010-009 Bill Hashizume Transcript
- 2010-006 Kim Wakabayashi Transcript
- 2010-008 Mits Ito Transcript
- 2010-007 Shizuko Kadoguchi Transcript
- 2010-005 Pat Adachi Transcript
- 2010-010 Kinzie Tanaka Transcript
- 2010-030 Mickey Matsubayashi Transcript
- 2010-015 Ted Nishi Transcript
- 2010-020 Peter Wakayama Transcript
- 2010-019 Harold Yoneyama Transcript
- 2010-003 Rose Kutsukake Transcript
- 2010-021 Sue Kai Transcript
- 2010-023 Sid Ikeda Transcript
- 2010-028 David Azuma Transcript
- 2010-044 Roy Honda Transcript
- 2010-052 to 2010-055 Group Interview: Tosh Hashimoto, James Koyanagi, George Masuda, Frank Shimoda Transcript